Go down
Admin
View user profilehttp://reploidsetc.board-directory.net

Re: Megaman Z(x) RWBY

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:58 pm
As they set out their stuff, Oobleck found a spot for himself on a support beam that was relatively stable. "So, any volunteers for first watch?"

Without looking, Ruby raised a hand. "Yo."

"Alright. Well, then, if it's all the same, I'd like to ask you those questions now, Grey."
View user profile

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:10 pm
Settling down next to his now-inflated emergency pillow, Grey crossed his legs and sighed. A shiver ran up and down his back, prompting him to take the thermal blanket and wrap it around his shoulders, warding off the cold. As the professor sat nearby, Grey nodded his affirmation. "Alright, I... I'll try to answer best I can."
Admin

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:45 pm
"First of all... your technology is clearly very advanced. For that to happen, your world must have some sort of constant conflict. Humans only seem to truly make strides when in the face of adversity, as you can see with the threat of Grimm in our world. So what kinds of strife has your world seen, to elevate you to these technological heights?"
View user profile

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 pm
Grey took a moment to ponder that question, holding his chin in thought. "...a lot, from what I can tell. According to the database owned by Legion - that's our coalition government - my world has been in a state of crisis for... a really long time. A lot of the history has been lost though, and re-constructing the data has proven... difficult." That was an understatement if there ever was one. "As for what kind, well... I'm not entirely sure. Most of our world's nature is still recovering, so I guess its safe to assume that near-total annihilation occurred at some point several centuries ago."
Admin

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:59 pm
"I see. You've been involved in some battles yourself, haven't you? What can you tell me about your experiences?"
View user profile

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:04 pm
His eyes flicked down to his lap, unease clear in his features. "...there was... a lot of death. But I guess that's war for you." Grey began from the point he had left off earlier, describing the Game of Destiny, the Mavericks, and the machinations of it all from behind the scenes by Master Albert. He avoided going into specific detail about the more painful points of his experiences, however. "...in the end though, I guess Model W just... drove Albert mad. You can't just destroy an entire world and build it up from square zero like that, not while claiming to care for it all." His voice was a touch choked up, the grip on his blanket a little tighter than before.
Admin

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:04 pm
"Megalomania on such a scale is difficult to fathom. But at the very least, it's all behind you. Now, I think I'll only ask you one more question before we call it a night." The professor adjusted his glasses. "...Do Reploids eat? And if you do, is it just a secondary function to keep them from being too distinct from humans, or do you actually gain anything from it? How do you metabolize the things you ingest?"

...That was one question?
View user profile

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:26 pm
Thankful for the change in topic, Grey nodded as Oobleck pursued that line of questioning. "Well, we can eat and drink like humans can. Its kinda like a secondary source of power for us. ...come to think of it, it's all I'll have to run on for now," he mused, rubbing his own chin. At the professor's final question, however, the male drew a blank. "Uh... that, I... I dunno. ...sorry," he finished with a raise of his shoulders, just a touch embarrassed that he didn't know the answer. Physiology of his own kind wasn't exactly Grey's strong suit.
Admin

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:34 pm
"No need to apologize! I'm asking a lot of difficult questions, and you're doing an admirable job answering them. Well then! Good night, Grey."

Professor Oobleck leapt up, grabbing a support beam and hoisting himself onto it, with surprisingly little struggle for a man who doesn't look particularly strong. He seemed to have his sleeping bag set up there. Maybe it was just how he preferred to sleep.

Ruby stepped over, away from the fire, to her post by the window, keeping an eye out. Her three teammates were all sleeping by the fire.
View user profile

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:00 pm
It didn't take long for Ashe to doze off. Aside from having expended plenty of energy in their fight against the sporadic Grimm, the technologically-enhanced girl was not used to being outside the massive influence of Innerpeace's power field, resulting in her being just a touch on the groggy side. She was soon snoozing away, hardly a care in the world weighing on her shoulders.

Grey fell asleep not long after, but his sleep was significantly more troubled. His conversation with Oobleck had indeed provoked painful memories to resurface, and they haunted his mind while he slept. Muddled feelings of guilt, fear and uncertainty mixed with mashed up recollections, none of them clear themselves, but all of them far too understandable to the Reploid. A kaleidoscope of negativity and pain assailed him, ending with a nightmarish vision of Albert staring at him with that cold, cruel smile upon his face. "You are my successor."

"Aahh!"

Waking with a start, Grey's chest was heaving while his heart-like oil pump raced, attempting to cool off his overtaxed systems. A hand on his chest to calm himself, he slowly sat up and took stock of where he was. It wasn't Ouroboros, and it wasn't in that laboratory, either. Resting his elbows on his knees, Grey buried his face in his hands, a few tears falling from his eyes from the shock. "Hey Grey, you alright?"

From behind him, a worried Model A floated nearby, the light in his eyes softer than normal. Thanks to their special connection, the Biometal was naturally attuned to the feelings of his Chosen Ones, and Grey's despair was hitting him like a thunderstorm. Swallowing to clear his throat, Grey nodded. "Y-yeah, I... I'll be alright. It was just another nightmare..." Model A didn't look too convinced, instead floating closer by, concern in his attention. "C'mon Grey, you should get back to sleep, alright?" ...it seemed that empathetic communication still wasn't the Biometal's strong suit.
Admin

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 pm
A hand reached out and grabbed his shoulder, shaking him a little. "Grey, are you awake?" Standing over him was Yang, a look of deep concern on her face.
View user profile

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:20 pm
Grey started as Yang's hand contacted his shoulder. Turning a bit to see the Huntress standing over where he sat, Grey winced. Had his panicked shout woken her up? Ignoring the pang of guilt jolting through his chest, the Reploid sighed. "S-sorry, I... I just had a nightmare. I'll be good, don't worry." His tone was less than convincing, but he doubted that now was a good time to open up the floodgates on what was troubling him. Night tended to do things to one's thinking process, after all.
Admin

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 pm
"Do you know where Ruby went?! I was on watch duty, and when I looked back I saw her sleeping bag was empty!"
View user profile

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm
"I- huh?" Taking a moment to shift from the topic of his own angst to Yang's primary concern, Grey looked up to where Ruby's bag was. "Oh no, she... she didn't get kidnapped or something, did she?"
Admin

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 pm
Yang's eyes widened a little more. Just then, Zwei came running into the room. The others all woke up, as Oobleck came down from his spot, looking at the stressed-out dog.

"You don't think..." Yang started, close to a panic.

"Grab your weapons." The professor stated bluntly. "Your leader may be in danger."
View user profile

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:54 pm
Shaking his head to wake himself up, Grey brushed Yang's hand off his shoulder and flung the blanket off. "Model A, Mega Merge! We've gotta find Ruby!"

His blanket, landing atop Ashe's snoring face, caused the girl to momentarily lose her ability to breathe. Sitting up quickly as she tossed the offending fabric aside, she was about to start complaining quite loudly, before she saw the team grabbing their weapons. "Aw, c'mon! The moment a girl gets a good dream, too!" Scooping up her buster bazooka, Ashe attempted to rub the sleep out of her eyes while following them outside.

"Where do we start looking?!" Grey asked, the determination strong in his voice.
Admin

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:14 pm
Zwei barked as it ran ahead of the group. Yang pointed to the dog. "Wherever he's going!"

They hurried on after Zwei. After a while, they came to a large hole in the road. It looked like it had collapsed inward. And more importantly, laying at the edge of it was...

"Ruby's scythe?!" Yang nearly shouted, barely remembering to keep her voice down.

Blake bit her lip as she pieced it together. "Oh, no..."

Walking up to the edge, Weiss looked down into the pit. It was certainly deep... "Do you think she fell?"

"Fell?!" Oobleck exclaimed, gears turning in his head.
View user profile

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:16 pm
Without hesitating, Grey made a mad dash for the edge, only to have his wrist caught by Ashe. "Wha-?! Hey, Ashe, let go! I gotta find Ruby!"

Yawning away some of the sleepiness, Ashe gave her friend a deadpan stare. "Grey, try and think something through for once before just diving in head-first, alright? You're still healing, you're a stubborn, single-minded dolt - just stay back and let me handle this, a'right?"

With reluctance, the Mega Man stood back, crossing his arms as Ashe walked up to the edge. Peering down, she took a moment to see if there were any ideal landing spots. Shrugging when she saw none, the Bounty Hunter vaulted in, both hands on her bazooka.
Admin

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:43 pm
Blake stopped Ashe with a hand on her shoulder. "We don't know what's down there. How deep does this go...?"

Oobleck looked down at the hole, then stood back up straight. "Oh my... Of course. Of course, of course, of course!"

"What is it?!"

"How could I be so stupid!?"

Yang looked at their teacher, completely baffled. "Professor, what's wrong?!"

He looked her right in the face, starting to pace as he talked faster and faster, half-shouting as he went. "Mountain Glenn! Yes, an expansion of Vale that was inevitably destroyed by creatures of Grimm! Previously home to thousands of people! Working people, commuting to the city, the main city. Developed a subway system to the inner city. Grimm attacks increase! Population in danger, now desperately searching for shelter! City evacuates into metro tunnels and what do they find?! The south-east quadrant of Vale is known for wild forests and deep caves!"

"Doc, what are you saying!?"

The man grabbed Yang's shoulders, looking her in the face again as he laid down the bottom line. "We're not just looking for an underground crime network! We're looking for an UNDERGROUND CRIME NETWORK!"

"They've been working in caves?" Blake sputtered, incredulous.

"No, no, Mountain Glenn was Vale's first serious attempt at expansion. It worked for a short period of time thanks to an aggressive perimeter defense and unique transportation. The city developed an elaborate subway system to carry citizens safely from the new territory into the main Kingdom. Sadly, without the many natural barriers Vale had to protect its borders, Mountain Glenn was doomed from the start."

He turned to face the gaping hole in the road.

"As the end drew near, the citizens of the territory made one last attempt at survival. They took up shelter beneath the city, in massive caves that they had cleared out for the subway. And they had cut themselves off from the surface."
View user profile

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:49 pm
As dumb-faced as could be, Ashe and Grey merely watched the proceedings as the good professor ranted, putting everything together in an incredibly verbal way. "Sheesh, this guy's almost off his rocker as Albert was," Model A commented, his tone one of snideness. Grey had half a mind to berate the rude Biometal, but it was probably not a good idea to bring that up right now. "So... does this change anything about me jumping in, or...?" Ashe inquired, slowly gesturing with her hand in an effort to coax an answer out of Oobleck. "Because criminals are small fry, really. And I need to kick someone's butt for interrupting my dream."
Admin

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 am
"Jumping in would be very direct, but far too dangerous. It won't do Ruby any good if we all end up incapacitated by a long fall, or if we can't find an escape route. We should find an entrance to the tunnels and break through from there. Now, any subway entrance should do the trick..."

As they looked in every direction, Zwei ran a little ways out and barked to them. There was a station entrance just up ahead. Professor Oobleck ran over to Zwei, patting him on the head before running onwards, taking out his thermos. "Good boy!"

The rest of Team RWBY readied their weapons, heading for their new entry point.
View user profile

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:28 am
Before any of them could open the door to the underground, however, a level two charged shot impacted the causeway, blowing the door into smoking splinters and melting the hinges. "Geez, Grey!" Ashe shouted, having jumped back a bit from the blast. "Mind giving someone a heads up before you go blasting things?!"

Lowering his still semi-smoking A-Buster, Grey holstered the weapon before running forward towards the now-gaping entrance. "The less time we waste, the less chances of something bad happening to Ruby."

Last edited by QuantumPizza on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Yang dashed through the still-smoking hole without hesitation. "Grey's speakin' my language right now!"

The professor wasn't far behind; now that one of his student was in danger, he was acting with a new energy. "In all likelihood we'll find her in the base of the cavern! Be prepared for battle!"

As he yelled this, a couple of masked people in black with white tunics turned the corner of the street behind the party. On their chests was a red symbol, claw marks and a beast's head. White Fang patrol. Startled, they both took aim at the group with their guns, opening fire. Weiss flourished her rapier, holding it in front of her face, as a circular glyph appeared, blocking the shots. Similar glyphs appeared underneath Blake, accelerating her towards the wall next to the grunts before she kicked off, downing them both with quick strikes from her weapon's blade and its sheathe.

With that taken care of, Blake hurried back over. "I don't think we'll go unnoticed for long."
View user profile

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:14 pm
Before Blake had even crossed half the distance, Grey was already dashing down the semi-dark corridors of the tunnel, mini-thrusters on the soles of his boots propelling him even faster as he did so. "Grey, wait! ...dang it, he's gonna get himself killed like this!" With an exasperated groan, Ashe was off as quick as she could after the Model A Mega Man, who was significantly ahead of the group.

Rounding a corner, Grey readjusted his trajectory as he spotted yet another member of the White Fang, this one seemingly running to investigate what the noise further back down was. Raising his left A-Buster, he let fly with three homing shots as he dashed forward. The shots impacted but, instead of blasting the target away like Grey had anticipated, they merely dazed him from their impact. Unable to come to a full stop in time, the Mega Man collided straight into the White Fang lackey. One knee atop his foe's chest, Grey raised an armored fist and brought it down square on the man's temple, knocking him out cold from the Biometal-powered punch. "Geez Grey, what's gotten into y-"

"Stuff it, Model A!" Grey shouted back, silencing his Biometal companion as he jumped back, both A-Busters roaring to life as three more White Fang members appeared from the shadows ahead. One of them managed to evade the Mega Man's barrage and attempted to close the distance, when he was caught with a chest-full of Ashe's bazooka laser. The unfortunate sod was sent careening back into some unseen wall, causing quite the loud impact. "Grey, one of these days you're gonna bite off more than you can chew, and I won't be around to haul your tin butt out of the fire!"
Admin

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:22 pm
The rest of the party soon caught up, staving off reinforcements coming from other halls. Blake leapt over one grunt, leaving behind a doppelganger of herself before kicking the guy in the back, landing near Grey. "If you're going to take point, then you should hold on to this; give it to Ruby when you find her." She held out Crescent Rose.

Behind them, the others were almost done taking out the unlucky souls who had shown up to deter them. Somehow, the wall had caught fire, and Weiss ended up freezing it to keep things under control.

Up ahead there was a barricade made of concrete, and a corridor that went off to the side. The barrier didn't look all that sturdy, and it seemed like a more direct route, but it also carried the risk of opening up a pocket of underground-dwelling Grimm to deal with.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum