Reploids Intensify
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin
https://reploidsetc.board-directory.net

Megaman Z(x) RWBY - Page 7 Empty Re: Megaman Z(x) RWBY

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:16 am
Jolting a little from the pain, he immediately crumbles. "Oh, god, no, I'll talk! I only joined up last week!"

"Good. We'll make sure you don't wake up with too big of a headache."

Groaning in anticipation of how bad this would suck no matter what, he took a breath and started talking. "You wanted to know about Roman Torchwick? He's this redhead guy in a white coat with a black bowler hat. Kind of a skinny build, smokes cigars? He's the only person working with us who isn't a Faunus. He's having us load up a train at the bottom of the cavern. We got orders to speed it up, so I guess he wants whatever we're going to do to happen right now. As for your sister, there's some girl we found earlier. I think she was a Huntress, so maybe that's who you mean? She was taken down to Torchwick, that's the last I heard. He said she was bad news."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:32 am
"Bowler hat?" Grey spoke up, half wanting to divert the girls and their anger away from the poor sod. "That sounds like our guy. Think that's all we need? Can't keep Ruby waiting for us too much longer."

"I dunno, we can't have him just running off to alert his buddies, can we?" Ashe said, her laser focus not wavering an iota. "And while we can't kill him... Grey, if you don't mind?"

Wincing, Grey took a step forward and materialized one of his A-Busters, gripping it tightly. "Sorry," he said as a brief apology, before clocking the White Fang rookie over the head, delivering a solid enough blow to render him unconscious. Turning back to Ashe, the young Reploid sighed. "Well, that's about as much as we'll be getting from him. What's our next move?"

Last edited by QuantumPizza on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:09 am
"That went well." Yang stepped over to check on the grunt, pulling off his mask before checking the guy's pulse. "...Wow, you weren't kidding about being a robot. You put his lights out in one hit, easy."

She looked around for something to tie him up with, realizing she hadn't gotten one crucial detail. "...Uh, how exactly do we get to the bottom of the cavern? Aside from diving off one of the ruined buildings just outside here."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:25 pm
Wow, I'm not gonna get used to that, Model A quipped. I mean, machines like us are so normal back home. Its weird being around people who aren't familiar with things like us.

"Its not like they can't learn," Grey replied to the Biometal with a shrug. "I mean, I'm basically just a human with a lot more metal. We're similar enough, being carbon-based and all-" Before he could continue pointing out the mineral similarities shared by humans and Reploids, however, Ashe spoke up in response to Yang's question.

"Well, we should probably do some scouting, something Grey could handle with that Siarnaq transformation. Either that, or Aeolus, but that one's loud and noisy. Might draw too much attention..." She paused, tapping her chin with a single finger, mulling over their options. "...of course, even if either he or I take a quick jump downstairs, that'll leave at least two of us stranded up here. And I don't fancy getting a pair of broken legs trying to follow, either. I wonder if the rest of the gang is anywhere nearby at this point?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 pm
"Uh, what's a Siarnaq? You mean Grey has more than one transformation?" Yang looked Grey up and down. "...That's got to be handy."

"As for the others..." She whipped out a small device that extended into a clear screen, then put it away with a glare. "...Dammit, no signal. Should've figured there wouldn't be service underground. Beneath an abandoned city. We'll just have to try and meet up with them. I'm sure they're finding Ruby their own way right now."

Meanwhile...

"If we keep fighting our way through, we're bound to run into Ruby!" Weiss yelled as she blasted one of the grunts away with a sharp thrust of her rapier.

Blake, keeping the Grimm behind them from catching up with suppressing fire, turned her head a little to make sure Weiss heard her. "What makes you think that?!"

"They wouldn't be trying so hard to stop us if this weren't the right way!"

"That's all well and good, Miss Belladonna," The professor said, punctuating it with a swing of his bat, sending one of the grunts flying to knock down two more as they tried to take aim. "But what if they're just a distraction?"

"Do you really think they have the manpower to waste distracting us?!" She yelled back. "Doctor Oobleck, could you deal with the ones behind us?"

"...Well, why not! Come here, Zwei."

With Blake free to assist Weiss, the girl in black covered her as she set up a series of glyphs. Blake spoke as she fired a few more rounds. "Even if we're not going the right way, I doubt Yang and those other two are having much trouble. We might end up handling this operation ourselves while they find Ruby."

"I dunno, I feel like we should've talked it through first. You'd have been better at getting through this place without being seen. But then that Grey guy took off, and his friend and Yang charged after him."

With their combo set up, Weiss stepped up to stand side-by-side with Blake. The latter sighed. "I guess the reality of it is, we can't always expect to coordinate things in the heat of battle. That's why we came up with shorthand. Speaking of which, Checkmate?"

"Let's go with Castling."

"On it."

The two of them launched forward, bouncing off of the glyphs as they sped up, evading fire as they closed in on the wave of White Fang grunts, bowling them over. Standing in the aftermath, the two of them caught their breath before being interrupted by a massive crash behind them.

They turned to see Oobleck and Zwei strolling away from a complete cave-in behind them. "We won't be going back that way, girls!"

Weiss gave him a weird look. "Aren't we supposed to not collapse the tunnels?"

"Why, under ordinary circumstances, yes, I would advise that we avoid damaging the structural integrity of the caverns at all costs! But in this case I felt it was necessary to seal off the subterranean Grimm to avoid further casualties from either the White Fang or any hapless person who wanders down here!"

Gesturing for them to move on before reinforcements arrived, Blake started to move on ahead.

"...So, how do we get down there? There must be a way to the trains if people are getting from here to there. Plus, why would they have all this cargo in a warehouse that they can't access?"
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 pm
"Maybe we should just snag one of the elevators?" Grey inquired, raising a hand in a suggesting manner of sorts. "After all, it'd be safer than trying to try and explore that chasm. ...plus, I really don't feel like risking my legs, either. Just 'cus I'm a Reploid doesn't make it less painful."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:43 pm
"There's an elevator?" Yang blinked at Grey. "What are we standing around for?! Let's just take that!"
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:39 pm
"Well, yeah, of c-" Grey paused for a moment, eyelids wrenching themselves shut as he groaned. "Of course I'd forget to mention the elevator..."

It didn't take long for the group to snoop their way further to the east side of the complex, the massive elevator now very much in view. "Okay, we've got our way down. How far does it go, Grey?" Ashe inquired, readjusting her grip on the pistol in her hand.

The Reploid shrugged. "I dunno, couldn't get a clear look at the buttons inside or anything. But it sounded like it goes down a really long way..." Best to make sure no one noticed them hijacking it, otherwise all it'd take to finish them off would be for someone to sever the support cables. Mega Man or no, such a fall would easily crush the lot of them.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:58 pm
When the doors slid open for them, a pair of guards came marching out. "I can't see a thing through this mask."

"Look, man, if the other guy could get prescription lenses on his, you can too."

"No, I mean these slits are impossible to see through! I've got just horizontal black bars in the middle of my field of vision! Not to mention, I can't exactly see to the side..."

"Commander Taurus seems to deal with it just fine. Maybe you're wearing it wrong."

"How could I possible wear this thing any different? And how would it even help?!"

The pair stopped, very near to the trio's hiding place, one guard helping the other adjust his mask. When they were done, he stood back, triumphant-looking.

"...Oh, wow, that did help a lot."

"Just take it off if you have to."

"But if somebody IDs me, I won't be able to show my face in Vale! I'd lose my job. I'll be keeping this double-life thing up as long as I can, thanks."

"Psh. You gotta throw it all to the wind! Dedicating your life to the cause is the only way to get equal rights. Now help me move this powerful Dust that we'll inevitably use to kill people in order to get that point across."

"...Yeah, okay."

The one who had been complaining about his vision turned around, putting his hands on the crate that Ashe was hiding behind. Just as he gave it a little tug, a radio on his belt squawked at them.

"'Intruders on B6! They're going straight for the loading zone! All hands, finish loading the train immediately! Everyone else will be setting up defenses!'"

Sighing, the guard walked away. "Think they'll hold 'em off long enough to get one last load down?"

"Probably. That weird girl was down there, too, I bet she can buy some time if these Hunters are really so dangerous that we can't beat 'em on our own."

They came back with a forklift from the elevator, setting to work stacking the smaller crates inside. They worked very carefully, but quickly. The two of them clearly didn't want any of the dust to hit the ground or bump anything.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 pm
More of that 'dust' that Ruby had mentioned before... was this some kind of smuggling operation? Ashe had seen similar criminal activity before, but never on this scope. As the guards moved along, now supremely focused on their task at hand, the bounty hunter decided now was the most opportune moment. "C'mon guys, lets get a move on!"

As quickly as possible without sacrificing stealth, Ashe led the trio into the elevator and hit the Door Close button, sighing with relief as it slid shut. "Phew... that was dicey. Sounds like the rest of the gang is preoccupying them pretty well, though. Shouldn't have too much issue finding Rubes now," she said with a grin, leaning back on the wall with her arms behind her head. Meanwhile, Grey was looking at the different floor options, albeit there weren't many. "...guess we're just heading to the bottom, right?" he said aloud, lightly jabbing the button labelled B.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:31 pm
"That's gotta be it."

Meanwhile, up in the warehouse...

"...Ah, hell, some guy called the elevator down. Now we're gonna have to wait for it to get back. Screw this, man, let's just evacuate already."

Yang stretched her arms, looking at the crates. "...Man, they must've been hitting every store in town to get so much Dust. Was the whole warehouse full of it? This Torchwick guy is more dangerous than we thought. Good thing we're going to knock him down in a minute."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 pm
Yawning, Ashe eyed the crates as well. "They said somethin' about using this stuff like weapons. Probably explosive. Sheesh, we were walking in a warehouse full of live ordnance and never even knew it!"

Not the first time that's happened, Model A pointed out. Remember that Maverick factory under the sewers? I think that was a bit more dangerous than some gross explosive powder.

The bounty hunter rolled her eyes. "...hey, didn't those goons mention some 'weird girl' downstairs? Think we might have a fight on our hands?" Grey's face took on an odd mix of both nostalgia and worry. "A standout enemy after pushing deep into enemy-infested territory? Model A, doesn't this feel... horribly familiar?"

Deja vu is practically my middle name right now, yeah. But I can't say more, the fourth wall can only take so much of a beating.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:06 pm
"Yeah, I'm getting chills thinking about how bad that could've been..." Yang mumbled. Shaking it off, she walked across the floor, taking a look at the button panel. "If Torchwick is here, then the girl must be the one I fought on the highway. I don't know her name or anything, but she's got three-color hair and she only comes up to my chin. Got this little parasol with her that could deflect one of my shots point-blank. ...If we see her again, I'm gonna take her down myself."

She went on to mutter about this girl's flightiness and making her look like a fool.

Finally, the elevator came to a halt, and the doors began to slide open. Beyond was the massive cavern they'd seen from the rooftop. Ruined buildings all around, yeah, but now more clearly visible were grunts moving around in a hurry, bringing cases of Dust... somewhere out of sight, but given that they were running towards the tracks, that would be where the train was.

There were plenty of places to hide on this level, but no immediate sign of this crime boss. He didn't seem to be barking out orders at the moment.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:00 am
As Yang described their potential opponent, Grey adopted a slightly confused face. Clearly having trouble visualizing just how short she meant, he raised a hand, leveling it with her chin and looking up and down from that point. "...so you're saying we're about to fight someone shorter than Ruby? We're fighting kids now?" Ashe lifted a finger to correct her Reploid partner, about to correct him on how that was a ridiculous idea, but a brief flashback occurred regarding a certain Chosen One for the Model L Biometal caused her to stop before she even began. "...seems deja vu is my middle name, too."

As the doors slid open, exposing the trio to the open space beyond, Ashe practically dove for cover. Holstering her Laser Pistol, she once more equipped her Buster Cannon, taking a moment to peak around the empty crate she hid behind. "Alright, so what's our target, Yangster? There's a lot going on here, so we gotta make whatever move we pull count the first time."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:16 am
She peeked over the edge of a box crate. "...Ugh, I hate all this sneaking around. But until we see Ruby, we can't raise the alarm so close to her..."

A pair of patrolling guards came over to the open elevator door as Yang pressed herself against her cover. Once they were past, she checked to make sure nobody was looking before climbing over it and hopping into an empty window. The other side of their little alcove wasn't so fortunate; while it had more abundant cover, the building on that side had a sheer wall, with no windows to sneak into. There was a section where the wall was missing a bit further up, but that was a bit too much to jump normally.

"Ugh, those lazy punks sent another load down on its own." One of them complained, rolling his whole head. "Don't they know we've got better things to do than pick up their slack?"

HIs partner shook his head. "Look, Torchwick will have our asses if this operation goes wrong. Just put up with it for a minute and lend a hand."

They each grabbed one side of a crate full of Dust, leaving their guns slung over their shoulders as they hefted it and started taking it back the other way.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:42 am
As much as Ashe was eager to knock a few heads, Yang did have a solid point. If they gave away their position now, all their stealth up to this point would be for naught. Before she could make off to follow their blonde companion, however, the girl was tapped on the shoulder by Grey. "I'm gonna split up here - there's some higher buildings over there I can get a better view from," the Reploid explained, pointing in the opposite direction to an abandoned three-story building. "Gotcha," Ashe replied with a thumbs up, before jumping and rolling through the window after Yang.

Alright so, what's the Trans this time? Model A requested as his Chosen One dashed to the right side of their hiding space. Because a lot of them could get us up there, but we gotta be careful on which one we use. Last thing Ruby needs is the Reploid Circus coming to her rescue, y'know?

While Grey felt that Ruby might particularly enjoy seeing something of the sort, he did have to concur with his Biometal's input. "Alright, lets give Aeolus a try - a quick jet jump up ought to do the job." In a flash, Grey's armor morphed into a much more lightweight configuration, complete with gravity-defying plasma infused wings and a gilded helm. A moderately loud burst of jet whine was heard and the Reploid was soaring upward, landing atop the structure in the blink of an eye. "Alright, we're up," he said mostly to himself, voice altered and deepened slightly due to the transformation. "Now," he continued, shifting back into his Siarnaq morph from earlier, the Radar Scope once more enhancing his vision. "Lets start having a look-see..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:07 am
Grey had climbed into a room that was partially caved-in, and exposed to the open area of the cave a little. Ahead, through an open doorframe, was an empty window frame, and from there he could see another building similar to the one he was in, with a window across from his. It would probably be simple enough to make a leap like that.

The radar scope showed him the area without being hindered by the lack of functional light sources; there was a window in the next room that faced the building Yang and Ashe had entered, and a few that faced the tracks. There was a functional stairwell, too, but that wasn't much use.

Seeing Grey's maneuver, Yang crept up the stairs in her building to the third floor, standing at the window and looking around for Grey.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 am
Sheesh, how far into this place did they take her?! It's not like we were sleeping for more than a few hours, right? Model A griped, becoming quite fed up with the fact that their quarry had eluded them so far. Noticing Yang searching out the window to the building on the opposite side, the Biometal gave his Chosen One a mental nudging. Hey, wave to that Yang girl, she's trying to find us. Better let her know we're not running off. Doing his best to not draw attention from down below, Grey waved above his head, hopefully gaining Yang's attention. "Sure wish she had some kind of transceiver we could communicate over," he muttered, knowing full well that no tech that he had seen here so far would be compatible with his own short-range communication device.

Catching up with Yang and simultaneously wondering just where she got that much sprint to her step, Ashe peered out the window her impromptu team member was stationed by. "He's over there," she said while gesturing towards the opposite building's window, the shadows only giving the faintest of hints at the Reploid's presence. "And I think he's got the message about staying nearby, too. Now c'mon, lets use this advantage while we've got it!" So saying, Ashe began to search for any patterns in activity down below. "Figure Ruby's probably under some pretty heavy guard. See any concentrations of goonies worth noting?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:45 am
While Ashe caught up, Yang tried to communicate with Grey via hand signals. ...It's kind of ineffective. "All we can see from right here is the alley below. Hang on, there's windows facing the tracks over-"

A raw of light flashed through the open windows, casting long shadows in the room for a split second. A searchlight? "...Okay, maybe we should be careful."

From a few quick glances, they could see a row of ruined buildings opposite the track from them, with a gap leading to more tunnels. The tracks went from one end to the other, and while they could see the closer side going into a tunnel, the far side was obscured by the angle. Leaning out of the window in full view of everyone might not be worth it.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:41 am
Both of the Mega Men inside of their respective buildings ducked out of instinct as the light from below seared away the shadows, leaving them vulnerable for the slightest of moments before they reacted. Man, like any more complications were needed. Doing his solid best to ignore Model A's whining, Grey decided to take a different route. Making his way through the wreckage of the third floor, the Reploid forged ahead to the northern side of the building he was positioned in. As the searchlights passed on, he hazarded a glance out the ruined window frame. As per the usual, it was simply too dark to see regularly, and the glare from the spotlights below hampered whatever night vision he had. Unfortunately, the Radar Scope's range was simply too limited to catch anything from the other side, either. "Looks like we might need to get closer..."

"Well, she's not over here or over there," Ashe said as she watched Grey vanish into the darkness of the other building. "Think she might be in some of the other buildings on Grey's side? There isn't much left for us to search over here. ...then again," she mused to herself, looking out over the gap between the two buildings. "That's one heck of a jump to make. Think we should head back downstairs, Yang?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 am
"We could totally make that." Yang said before taking a second look. "...Okay, maybe not without making a lot of noise. We might be able to jump down and then climb those crates to get over to where Grey is, as long as nobody's looking."

A distant sound came from the tunnel across the way; it was probably a gunshot. Then sounds of automatic fire, metal clashing against auras as it slices through the air, and lots and lots of pummeling. The guards and workers began to clear out of that area in a hurry.

Meanwhile, down the tracks to the east, a flustered-looking Ruby came sprinting just barely into line-of-sight from one of the windows near Grey. She was suddenly pulled to the ground by something that snagged her lapel from behind, dragging her across the stone floor and out of view again.

"I see you've got some tricks up your sleeve! Let me make this clear. We're not through here yet."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 am
They're out of coordination! The others must've caught up! We should take this chance, Grey!

Eagerly heeding his Biometal's advice, Grey stepped back, before taking a running sprint towards the window leading out to the tracks. There was a loud shattering of glass, shards flying outwards from the building as the Mega Man descended. Halfway down, he was enveloped in a flash of light as he engaged his Atlas morph. Both Knuckle Busters impacted the ground with two full charges, unleashing a flaming shockwave around his point of impact. Workers and grunts were blasted away from the epicenter, only for even more to be mowed down by heavy buster fire. Amid the additional confusion, Grey morphed out entirely, once more in his regular Model A gear.

"Hey, Grey's goin' at 'em, Yang!" Ashe exclaimed excitedly, though with a bit of worry tinging her voice. Surely he wouldn't just jump into the melee without provocation, right...? Nevertheless, the Bounty Hunter decided to join her friend. "C'mon, lets go!" With a bit less drama than her Reploid friend, she vaulted out the building, rolling as she landed and running towards the fracas.

Grey, I'm picking up movement from the building to the- wait, was that Rubes?! Grey paused following a dodge of a rather skilled grunt's blade swipe, having to pacify his assailant with a knee bash to the chest. "Where?! I can't exactly pinpoint anything right now!" Luckily, the other two members of their pseudo-infiltration squad had managed to get within shouting distance. Deciding that he'd best be the one to focus on the fight for the moment, he grabbed Crescent Rose from off his back, tossing it in Yang's direction. "Model A found Ruby! She's in one of the buildings to the east of here! I'll handle this fight!" Once more, another flash of light enveloped the Reploid, only this time the resulting form was much, much larger. With a howling roar, Bifrost's massive frame morphed into existence, Grey beginning to rampage with all his pent up frustration built up so far.

"Lets move, Yang!" Ashe shouted, once more switching weapons out for her Laser Pistol. "Last thing we need is to stick out here and get turned into Bifrosticles!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:43 am
"WHAT IS GREY!?" Yang shouted, barely audible now over all the guns firing on Grey-as-Bifrost. And the yelling. Like, so much yelling. Not that she waited around for an answer; catching the folded-up scythe, she dashed into the fray, firing off shots from her gauntlets for speed as she leapt, landed on Grey's massive arm, and shot right for a couple of gunmen trained on the now-fleeing-again Ruby.

They had a touching reunion as she handed the girl's weapon off to her and gave her a big hug, but it was kind of inaudible. Meanwhile, at the far end of the tunnel stood a man in a bowler hat with a cane, fitting the profile given for one Roman Torchwick. He gave a grunt an order, clearly angry, and pinned the guy to a train car with his cane for a second before stomping into the darkness.

The rest of Team RWBY arrived in the midst of this chaos, adding a few explosions of their own as they went. It was just a nightmare for all the poor White Fang saps. Unfortunately, they had no idea what to make of the giant bipedal ice-gator currently standing in the middle of the cavern wrecking everyone's shit. Regardless, they moved to regroup, ending up close to the tunnel they'd come in through. Ruby and Yang were relatively nearby and they found each other quickly.

Professor Oobleck caught sight of Ashe, waving to her with his thermos, firing some of its flames into the air for visibility. He cupped his hands to yell to her, barely loud enough to be heard at all over the din. "WHERE! IS! GREY!?"
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:54 am
"No time to explain! MOVE!" Ashe did her best to provide the blonde fighter covering fire as she made her way to her now-on-the-move sister, following along behind her and out of the range of Grey's rampage. Ducking as three of the White Fang grunts were sent flying in her direction, the Bounty Hunter faintly heard someone calling to her over the absolute pandemonium her friend was causing. Looking up, she waved back to affirm that she had indeed seen him, still running to close the gap. "THAT'S GREY!" She cried back, pointing her free arm in the general direction of the monstrous mechanical lizard, which was currently in the process of clearing entire swaths of grunts with its tail swipes.

As Ashe, Yang and Ruby managed to reunite with Weiss, Blake and Oobleck, the silver haired girl took a moment to catch her breath, holding up one finger to stave off the no-doubt unbelieving barrage of questions. "Its... it's one of Model A's powers... transforming... just... just gimme a... a minute here, I'm... I'm seeing spots..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:00 am
Oobleck stood staring at Bifrost!Grey for a moment. Then he simply took in a sharp breath and let it go for the time being. "So we've found our missing teammate and retrieved her unharmed, and we're currently in the heart of this underground crime network! It should be a very simple matter to apprehend their leader and send them all running! ...They're already running!"

It was true; very few of them even bothered to fire on Grey at this point, most of them opting to run for the exits, or the tunnel Roman had disappeared into. After a moment, a train whistle echoed through the cavern...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum