Reploids Intensify
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Megaman Z(x) RWBY - Page 14 Empty Re: Megaman Z(x) RWBY

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:58 pm
"I mean, Earth has really only known peace for the past... hundred years or so," Grey replied, looking just the slightest bit hurt by Weiss' tone. "We're still rebuilding, most of the world is uninhabited, and a good bit of that is still wasteland."

Ashe nodded in agreement. "Yeah, even though outside of Innerpeace is pretty heavily forested, with mountains and stuff all around, a good bit of the earth is just sandblasted and lifeless. I've seen it myself in my travels. It'll probably be a long, long time before Earth is a safe place to settle, pole to pole."

"As for Mavericks," she continued, "they're rogue machines - Mechanaloids, we call 'em - that are hostile to people for no blasted good reason. Wilderness is full of 'em, and if you aren't careful, they'll gladly sneak inside civilization to cause chaos. A few are leftovers from those wars way back when, but nowadays? Most are... remnants," she paused to snicker at her own joke, "of the Ouroboros incident, back when Grey and I discovered that we were Mega Men."

While Ashe was explaining the concept to the duo, Grey glanced over in Penny's direction, only to see that her face had shifted from her usual cheer to... apprehension? Discomfort? For some reason, it was hard for him to get a read on her exact feelings, but it seemed that the topic of Mavericks wasn't mixing too well with her. "But they really aren't too much of a threat nowadays," he interjected. "Legion has put a lot of work into a proper peacetime defense force, so Innerpeace really has been living up to its name."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin
https://reploidsetc.board-directory.net

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:13 am
"Huh," Ruby tilted her head a little. "So Mountain Glenn wasn't the first time you'd fought big robots like those? That's just normal for you?"

"It sounds like your world is a lot like ours." Weiss said, her haughty airs fading a bit as she notices the dimming mood. "...Here. You're looking for a way to return home, right?"

Standing up, the heiress took the travel brochure from Grey and opened it to one of the sections on Vale, placing it before him. "That would be a lot easier if you could get in touch with people from your Earth. Take a look." There was a vague apologetic tone to her voice. Seemed like she was just kind of used to posturing.

It was a picture of a tower in a large, open courtyard, and it was really a massive one. Four flying buttresses stabilizing the lower half - or perhaps they were mostly for style - and... hold on, it looked awfully familiar. Wasn't this tower where Headmaster Ozpin's office was located? The captions called it 'Beacon Tower', and claimed that the base section of the structure was actually a relay for the CCTS. That was the Cross-Continental Transmission System, something Grey had briefly noticed before passing over it in his pursuit of wormhole-related technology.

"If you could use the facility to contact people on Earth," Weiss suggested, "...Maybe you could ask them to open up another wormhole, or at least get some idea of our relative locations. It may not be a solution, but it might be the first step towards figuring this all out."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:17 am
Ashe kicked back in the chair, propping up both shoes on the table's edge. "Yep! Almost the entire world is at least partially mechanized! Or at least, the habitable parts are. Mechaniloids and other machines are everywhere - robots are a huge part of our daily life." She looked around for a moment before leaning slightly towards Ruby with a grin, whispering just enough for her to hear. "In fact, all us humans are cybernetically enhanced, too!" Ashe tapped one of the ear pieces she wore with a wink, missing the sudden spark of interest that had developed upon Penny's face.

Whether fortunate or not so much, Grey's attitude indicated that any misgivings were entirely forgotten, his attention solely fixed upon the location that Weiss had pointed out for him. "...huh. That... that's actually a really good idea!" His excitement built up for a moment, before a dawning realization hit him. "But... how could we get inside and not cause problems? Or even explain what we're there for?" He shook his head, realizing that he was being a bit inconsiderate. "Er, thank you anyway, Weiss. I'll see if I can't contact Ozpin, see if he can't get me in there. ...somehow." Looking back at the display, Grey laced his fingers together, resting his chin just behind them, as he began to think out loud. "...maybe... if we can get a strong enough signal out... they'd have to see it first time though, but..."

In the meanwhile, Penny was paying all of her attention to Ashe, eyes practically alight as she discussed the various changes to the human physique brought on by cybernetic enhancement. "...really though, it puts us humans on a similar level with our..." she paused, checking her surroundings once again. "...with our fellow Reploids. I once heard while visiting Legion that it was to make sure humans and Reploids could live more equal lives. Apparently that was some kinda problem in the past? Maybe Grey knows more 'bout that."

While she clearly wanted to ask more about Reploids, their relations to humans and what their differences and such were, Penny thankfully remembered to not directly address the topic. Instead, she shifted gears slightly to a similar topic. "That is very interesting, Ashe! I will have to ask Grey about that later - I do wish to know more! Could you tell me about your family? I have a very loving father, he cares for me very much. What about yours?"

There was a noticeable downward shift in the general attitude in the room, with Ashe being the epicenter. "Ah... well, y'see, I... never knew my parents." She rubbed the back of her head, feeling just a tad bit awkward. Penny, completely unclear as to the social faux pas she had just committed, tilted her head curiously. "You never knew them? That is odd, I do not know anyone else like that. Why not?"

Grey, having heard the conversation picking up as it was, began to speak out to try and redirect its flow, but Ashe raised a hand. "It's fine Grey, really," she said with a grin. Turning back to Penny, she adopted a slightly more nonchalant air. "Kinda grew up with other bounty hunters. Told me my family was killed by Mavericks when I was just a little girl, and they found me in the village I was born in, by myself." When the auburn haired girl maintained her quizzical expression, Ashe shrugged. "Not much more to tell, really. Sorry if that's a bit of a let-down."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:28 am
"I'm sorry." Ruby volunteered. "My mother was killed by Grimm a long time ago."

"My father was never particularly doting." Weiss added in an attempt to show solidarity. "I don't think he's ever said 'good job, Weiss'."

"I'm trying to find my mom. It's a real pain." Said Yang, who had suddenly appeared from behind Ruby, putting her in a headlock. "I think you turned out fine!"

"Uuuuugh, Yang, let go!"

"Not if you ask nicely!"

"Don't you mean 'unless'?"

"You gotta be able to get out of a bind without your weapon, sis!"

...Upon closer inspection, the brochure says that the tower is open to the public. There isn't any charge for entry, either. However, attempting to send a signal into the far reaches of space might be a little harder than placing a phone call.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:19 pm
Grey had noticed this particular detail after another look over, and now seemed wholly focused upon a plan of action. Sure, this tower had the potential to send a broad-spectrum signal out in all directions, but that was just potential. Until he got inside and had a look at what it was capable of, there was no real way to tell if it could handle the task. Of course, Grey wasn't an engineer by any stretch of the imagination, but calculations of this sort came naturally to him. You've been pretty tight lipped, Model A observed, looking out from beneath his hoodie. Got a plan brewing, Grey? The Reploid nodded, eyebrows furrowed as he continued to think. "Yeah... and I think I might need your help for this one," he whispered, not wanting to interrupt the conversation going on around him.

Chuckling at the sisterly bonding that Yang and Ruby were engaged in, Ashe shook her head. "Heh, thanks guys. Seems we're just a bunch of kids with sad backstories, huh? Well, y'know what they say about birds of a feather, right?" Or did they say that here? Ashe made a mental note to pay attention to the idioms used in Remnant. It seemed like it would prove useful info.

Penny's overall demeanor had grown a bit more somber, if mostly just from confusion, before an idea lit up in her mind. "Oh, but we haven't discussed Grey's family yet, have we? Surely he has to have had one, as well!" Ashe's face immediately went pale and she quickly held up a hand, shaking her head vigorously. "That's not really something that..." Glancing between Penny, Grey and Weiss (as Ruby was still fighting a headlock from her older sister), she held up a finger to signify that she'd be right back, before taking Penny by the wrist and, rather briskly, walking a fair distance away from the table.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:36 pm
"We have an uncle who'd probably say the same thing. You'd like him, Ashe!" Yang laughed, desperately holding back the pun. Had to wait for the right moment for that one.

Ruby's heart sank as she saw her new friend pull her less-new friend away to talk in private. How bad could Grey's family situation be, if they don't even want to talk about it? Ohhhh, boy...

"So, er, do you think you can pull it off, Grey?" Weiss tentatively asked. "I know a lot about the facility and its history, so why don't I come with you? I can tell you all about it on the way!"

The team's young leader snickered. "Yeah, and it'll take the whole trip there and back for you to finish."

"Hey! I can be succinct when the situation calls for it."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 am
Grey had been wholly lost in thought until Weiss addressed him directly. Shaking his head a bit, the Reploid looked up from his seat. "Huh? Oh, yeah, I think I can. I'll just need to boost the tower's energy output by about..." here he paused, counting on his fingers for a brief moment. "...three gigajoules for roughly one tenth of a second to get the signal out. I just hope I don't get you guys in trouble. I've got no fix on where Earth is from here, so the signal is gonna be sent... everywhere, which is why it'll need that much power." At her suggestion, he nodded. "Yeah, that'd be helpful, actually. I'm sure Ashe and Penny would wanna... wait, where'd they go?"

Meanwhile, the young bounty hunter had stepped outside with Penny in tow. As soon as she was certain they were out of earshot, Ashe turned on her heel, releasing Penny's wrist and facing her. "Okay, I hate to be that girl and just shoot down a conversation, but uh... that's really not something Grey's keen on talking about, 'kay?"

Penny, who had only grown more confused ever since she was dragged along outdoors, tapped her chin with a finger. "I am sorry Ashe, but... I do not understand. Did I do something wrong in asking him? Does he not have a good family?"

"That's... a mild way of putting it, yeah. Remember that story we told the Headmaster? The one with the crazy Doctor Albert and his giant snake-machine called Ouroboros, which he tried to kill everyone in my world with?"

"Oh yes, I do!" Penny exclaimed, a bit proud at recalling the story entirely. "But then you and Grey defeated him with Model A, correct?"

Taking in a short breath through the nose, Ashe nodded a bit tersely. "Yeah, see... that guy made Grey. He was kinda his dad."

Penny's face immediately went from cheerfully curious to stunned, the implications proving to be quite a bit for the redhead to take in. "And he didn't make Grey for the sake of having a son, either," Ashe continued, her tone having grown uncharacteristically serious. "From what Albert himself said, he made him like a... backup body, in case anything bad would happen to him. It's something he's kinda struggled with for a while now, and that's why it's such a touchy subject for the kid."

Watching as Penny's expression drooped into what seemed to be remorse, Ashe placed a hand on her left shoulder, offering her a half grin. "Hey, your heart wasn't in a bad place, Pens. I'm not tryin' to put you down, just... wanted to let you know, alright? Grey's like a little bro to me, guess that's why I jumped us both out like I did. So, uh... sorry to rush you."

Looking up, the other girl shook her head before smiling. "It is alright, Ashe. I am glad that Grey has a friend like you, so willing to look out for him. I promise not to broach the subject with him again!" Regaining her cheerful demeanor, she grinned wider. "Shall we head back inside?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:34 am
Back in the library, Weiss kicked herself a little for not realizing immediately that this signal would have to be picked up by literally everyone for there to even be a chance of it working. And given the fact that they were trying to keep a lid on things... "Well, then it falls to you to inform Professor Ozpin, Ruby. You're fast, I imagine you'll get there first." She hid her mild self-deprecation well, though.

Ruby looked ecstatic to be able to show off her ability for her new pals, if a bit confused. "I mean, we're going to the same place..."

"Yes, and the headmaster could be in a meeting when you arrive, or will be by the time the two of us get there. Better safe than sorry."

As Ashe and Penny came back in, Ruby ran over to them. "Hey, you wanna race to the headmaster's office?!"
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 am
"Uh... I mean, I've got nothing against a bit of friendly competition, but... why?" Ashe inquired, eyebrow raised.

Penny raised a finger. "Oh, she needs to inform Headmaster Ozpin of Grey's plan to signal your home! ...I have very sharp hearing," she added after noticing Ashe's increased confusion.

"Oh, I see. We're the smoke screen to their little infiltration plan, eh? Sure thing, I'll race ya, Rubes!"

Working on returning the books to their proper places, one small stack at a time, Grey and Model A discussed potential messages. "I mean, we can't just go broadcasting our names all across the world. It's gotta be in some kinda code."

Like... Morse code? 'Cuz I'll be honest Grey, I don't even think Prairie knows that one.

Shaking his head, the Reploid strained as he attempted to shelve a tome up, but the shelf was just a bit too high. "Hey, uh, Yang? Could I get a hand? ...no, I was thinking more like something only us Mega Men would know about. Specifically, Vent and Aile. I mean, they've gotta be looking for us, right? Ashe's team was on the line with her when we lost contact-"

What, Nicol's Scrappers? Those guys are almost too laid back to be hunters! D'you really think they'd panic-call the Guardians or Legion or something?
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:57 am
Yang stepped up and slid the book back into place without missing a beat. "I dunno anything about Mega Men, except for the stuff you talked about in the office."

"What about that thing you yell out when you transform?" Ruby put forth, eager to help. "'Megamerge'? Is that something they would recognize? Or maybe just 'Mega Man' would be enough."

"I know that if I heard a cryptic transmission that just said 'Mega Man', I wouldn't think it was a name." Yang giggled.

Weiss rested a hand on her hip, shifting her weight. "Either way, it's worth a shot, even if your spotters didn't get in touch with your other allies. Besides, they're bound to notice that you're missing sometime." Admittedly, this was a reckless plan, but they couldn't exactly build their own transmission tower.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:08 am
"That is indeed true!" Penny said, eager to participate. "If you and your friends are as close as I am with Ruby, they will be looking all over for you three! I am certain that any message regarding your Mega-ness will catch their attention."

Ashe gave a bit of an ugly snort as she caught the laughter in her throat, a hand clasping over her own mouth at Penny's choice of words.

Points for creativity, Model A chuckled. But they've got a point. Even if you just shouted out Megamerge over the radio, that'd be enough to tip them off!

Grey nodded, seemingly pleased with this line of reasoning. "Yeah, something like that should do the trick. So, we ready to head out?"

"You guys have fun at the tower," Ashe quipped, before jabbing a thumb at herself. "Penny and I are gonna be leaving Ruby in our dust back to the Headmaster's office! Ready, Rubes?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:17 am
Ruby paused, looking at Ashe blankly for a second. Then, she pointed her thumb in the direction of said office. "They're in the same building. You've been there."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:24 am
Ashe blinked in surprise, momentarily unable to form words. "You... didn't even ask where the tower was, did you?" Grey said from where he was, kneeling on the floor while putting the last of the books away. In response, Ashe's face went a shade more red. "...anyway, we gonna race or what?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:31 am
They lined up outside in a hurry, Ruby already taking a runner's position. "You can use Model A if you want; you're gonna need him."

While she was clearly not great with socialization and the difficulties of keeping things under wraps, Ruby displayed an unshakeable confidence the moment she was back in her element. This wasn't the bravado of a child who doesn't understand the hierarchy, this was the intense focus and drive of an expert. "I'm gonna destroy you." She said, her voice dropping a register.

Yang stood to the side, Ember Celica equipped and active on her right arm. She looked it over to make sure nothing was out of place. Weiss rolled her eyes at Ruby's childish games, but was careful to remain out of her direct path.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:46 am
Model A, after double checking that no one around was watching, eagerly floated his way out of Grey's pocket. Alright, lets kick some butt, Ashe!

Taking up a standing position next to Ruby, Ashe felt her cocky grin spread across her face once again. "Gettin' a bit ahead of ourselves, are we?" Grasping Model A, Ashe transformed, her gray, blue and dull red armor once more taking the place of her regular attire. She took up a runner's stance, both hands on the ground and one foot primed to launch herself at a moment's notice. A glint shone in her eyes, accompanying the grin from earlier. It was clear she was eager for some competition.

Watching next to Weiss and Penny, Grey wondered why they were making such a big deal of this entire thing. Ruby certainly seemed very excited to race, and now her entire demeanor had changed to match. "I don't get it, why bother with this?"

Next to him, Penny leaned in and whispered, raising a hand up to her mouth. "Ruby is very fast. She likes to use her Semblence a lot, too."

"A Sem... what?" Grey inquired. Was this another thing he was gonna have to look up?

Last edited by QuantumPizza on Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:01 pm
"Ready?" Yang called out, weapon aimed at the sky. "Set!"

"GO!" A shot rang out to signal the start of the race. Ruby began to sprint right out of the gate, moving quickly, but only about as fast as her legs could take her. And Ashe was older and had a bigger stride. The girl smirked as she waited to see how Ashe was going to move.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:31 am
As soon as the crack of Yang's weapon went off, so was Ashe. Her legs immediately kicked into action and she was off, easily keeping pace with Ruby whilst they ran. Between her natural advantages over her smaller opponent, as well as their choice in attire, the Mega Man felt no need to run at her top speed, just slightly edging out and barely taking the lead.

"Her Semblence!" Penny responded, face alight at the opportunity to explain something to her new friend. "It is a power that stems from a person's soul, unique to them and reflecting parts of their personality in how it manifests. They can be very powerful and useful, and Ruby's Semblence is the perfect example of that!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:00 am
Her lips curled into a smile as she launched herself through the air, her form becoming a crimson blur. Like a vibrant arrow, she soared straight ahead at blinding speed, far faster than any living thing was capable of moving. Rose petals trailed behind her, scattered by her rocketing motion, having appeared from seemingly nowhere. They blanketed the path, scattering on the breeze.

In an instant, she overtook Ashe, her slight lead nullified by this unstoppable acceleration.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:15 am
Holy-! Incredulous was the best way to describe Model A's tone of voice, absolutely flabbergasted at Ruby's speed. She was holding back this whole time?! How'd she even do that?!

Ashe, while similarly perplexed, only remained so for a second or two. "A-Trans, Aeolus!" A flash of light enveloped the Mega Man, who emerged with the sharp whine of twin jet engines. Her form was clad in emerald armor now, sporting two short wings with purple trails of energy behind them. Lifting herself off the ground via forward momentum alone, Ashe had her Biometal pour as much energy as he could spare into their speed. However, despite the substantial increase in velocity, she found herself still struggling to catch up to her opponent.

Meanwhile, back at the library, Penny cheered her best friend on while Grey stood by, absolutely flummoxed at the spectacle that had just taken place. "Go Ruby! You have this race!" the redhead cheered, throwing both fists into the air with a wide grin upon her face. "...we should probably get walking though," she added shortly after the two grew small in the distance. "After all, that is the whole reason they are going ahead of us, is it not?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:15 pm
Stopping on a dime at the finish line, Ruby turned back, the wake of her movement hitting her with a flurry of air and petals. She looked appropriately smug, pumping her arms. "Yessss! Still got it!"

She seemed pretty happy with the results; they'd blown past several hundred meters of flat walkway and ended up right at the edge of the square, at the center of which was the communications tower. "Okay, Ashe! Ready to go talk to Ozpin?"
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:49 pm
Ashe wasn't too far behind Ruby, relatively speaking. In all actuality, the red-hooded girl had left the Mega Man in her proverbial dust with that sudden burst of speed. Slowing down as quickly as she could, Ashe skidded to a stop just beyond where her competitor now stood, shaking her head as her balance readjusted to the sudden loss of inertia. "Ruby, what... what even was that?" she asked, an impressed look on her face. "You went from turtle to cyberspeed in less then three seconds! How'd you do that?!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:25 pm
"That," Said Ruby, "-is my Semblance. Everyone has their own, and they're all unique. Mine lets me move really fast, without having to build up that much speed first. Not exactly great for getting around, though..." She scratched her cheek, looking at the mess she left in her wake. Granted, they were just rose petals, but there were a lot of them over a wide area, and now the wind was carrying some of them further. She was gonna hear from a janitor or twelve about this later.

Waving to the group far behind them, Team RWBY's leader started towards the steps of the communications tower. "Semblances are an essential part of a Huntress's butt-kicking arsenal!"
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:42 pm
Why does her Semblence thingy create so many petals? Model A mused, perplexed at the swath of the things left behind in the wake of their race. Is it just like an, uh... is it just for looks? Seems kinda... goofy. And really messy, too.

Ashe, however, wasn't paying much attention to her Biometal's observations. "Wow! It's like having some kinda special power, like a superheroine! Vent would be having such a geek-out moment if he were here to see this!" It was clear that the bounty hunter was very much impressed by this tour de force, and already the gears were turning in her head. "I wonder if I can unlock a Semblence of my own," she thought aloud, one hand holding her chin as she walked alongside Ruby, demerging in the process. "No idea what it'd be, but it'd be handy to have! I mean, I'm not exactly helpless, even when I'm not Megamerged. But I can't hog Model A to myself all the time!"

Penny waved back at Ruby with a smile on her face, bouncing a bit with glee. "She won! I knew she would! No one can outrun Ruby!" Grey was still a bit bewildered by what he just bore witness to, giving Yang a glance. "Your sister really has some kick to her step. Does everyone in Remnant have Semblences like that?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:16 pm
"Well, people do." Yang answered. "Grimm don't have souls, so they don't have aura, or Semblances. I think everyone's got a Semblance, but they don't just suddenly pop out for most people. It takes training."

"I don't see why not!" Said Ruby. "You've got a soul and everything; you've got to have a Semblance, too."

They passed through the glass doors and into a sizeable area with a number of receptionists at desks. Booths line some of the walls, with video-phones installed. To the far end are the elevators.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:33 pm
Floating alongside his Chosen One, Model A gave Ruby a shake of the head. Or, at least, the closest thing a Biometal could do to that. This is the last thing we need to venture on, Ashe! I know our new friends and their world are really interesting and all, but we don't have time to go chasing after superpowers!

Ashe rolled her eyes in response. "Oh c'mon Model A, I'm not gonna forget why we're here. But we dunno how long getting back home is gonna take; might as well learn as much as we can, right?"

You? Learning stuff? The Biometal's tone was one of incredulity. Do you have me pegged for some kinda idiot, Ashe? You never study if you can help it! Seriously, lets just focus on getting home.

"Fine, fine. Sheesh, you can be just as much of a stick in the mud as Nicol, at times..." The trio approached the booths where the video-phones awaited, Ashe unsure of how to utilize the devices. "Mind showing me the ropes with these things, Rubes?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum