Reploids Intensify
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Megaman Z(x) RWBY - Page 4 Empty Re: Megaman Z(x) RWBY

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:44 am
If Model Z had the personality to laugh at Vent's absolutely flabbergasted face, he'd be doing so uproarously at this moment. Instead, the red Biometal simply made knowing eye contact with Model X, implying that he had known of Aile's presence long before Vent arrived at the door.

"What the-?! Aile, the ocean is- how did you-"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin
https://reploidsetc.board-directory.net

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:11 am
She put a hand on his shoulder, "Look, I'm sure you have lots of questions on how I got from Area J to here faster than you. The answer is that I can remember where all the Transervers that allow teleportation are, and which ones don't. Pro tip: the one next to the arcade? No good. The one under the fountain? Perfect."

Aile cheekily stepped aside to let him in, doing her best to dodge the fact that she had Model L, so Vent couldn't possibly have used that particular server...
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 am
"Yeah, yeah, rub salt in the wound, why don't you," Vent grumbled as he walked onto the bridge, Model Z giving Aile a look of his own as he floated on by. The twins now standing behind Commander Prairie's chair, Vent shoved his hands into his pockets. "Awfully lovely day to be spending indoors, Prairie," he flippantly remarked. "Anyway, what mess did Ashe and Grey get themselves into this time? Last time we had to rescue them, they were about to be turned into Mega Pancakes by Ouroboros."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:30 am
Prairie turned around in her chair to face them, then stood up, a grave look on her face. "...They were investigating the ruins around Area M with Model A when the signal cut off. It's possible that it was just a very coincidental malfunction, but I have a bad feeling about it... That was where the Model W Core had been sealed. I was hoping the two of you could go there to investigate, and back up the squad we've already sent down there."

She sighed. "I don't want to risk more lives than I have to, but if something's happened to those two, then..."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 am
Vent's own face went from its usual casual expression to a more serious one. He and Aile had been in Area M before, a long time ago. It had been a darker time, of course, but there were no doubt powerful remnants of the Maverick Army that Model W had raised in its defense. Not to mention a certain other horror lurking even further down below...

"Well... the packages can wait, especially if lives are on the line." Turning to Aile, Vent allowed another self-same grin to crop up. "So, feel like rescuing some more Megas, Aile? Its been a while since we caught up with them, anyway."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:01 am
"Saving their butts is just one of the highlights of our job!" Aile put a hand on her hip, mirroring Vent's smile. "I wonder if Ashe actually got that new buster cannon she always talked about. Hey, since we're going underground, you should make sure to bring Model P."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:07 am
"Please, like he'd ever let me forget to bring him along," Vent replied, crossing his arms as his smile widened. "Well, we're off, Prairie. Keep the comms open - last time we were down there, things got a little messy." Racing his sibling out to the Transserver, Vent allowed Aile to utilize it first. But as she warped away, a dawning realization overcame him.

"Wait a damn second! She had Model L all along!"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:51 am
Meanwhile, on Remnant, in the ruins of Mountain Glenn...

The group had marched along, with the occasional attack by Grimm. It never got as dense as it had been on arrival; it tended to just be a few of them at a time, and the girls were able to take care of it while holding conversation with their professor. He had been questioning them on their motivations all day, their reasons for pursuing careers as monster-fighting heroes. Blake wanted to set right what was wrong in the world, Weiss was trying to uphold her family legacy, and Yang just wanted the thrills and adventures that were to be expected from the job. They all seemed a little uncomfortable with his probing, off-balance. It was clear that Oobleck's questioning was weighing on their minds.

As the sun was beginning to set, they came to an apartment building. Weiss, Yang, and Blake all went inside to clear it out and prepare camp, while the professor took Ruby to secure the perimeter.

"...Grey, Ashe, you can come along if you want. Or you can go with the others to prepare to make camp, if you'd prefer."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:14 am
The walk had been mostly uneventful. Against Ashe's judgement, however, Grey had knocked a few Grimm heads in their skirmishes, unintentionally showing off his more brute-force fighting style. What he lacked in Ashe's grace and poise, he made up for in unwavering determination and grit. As the group split up to prepare for the night, Ashe decided to tag along with the other girls. It seemed she had formed a bit of a small bond with them, and Grey had never been the best with small talk, anyway.

"I'll stick around with you guys for a bit," Grey replied, following behind the professor and RWBY's small leader.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:35 am
Zwei quietly followed them as they went around the corner of the apartment building. The road suddenly came to a stop; there was nothing but rubble before a steep drop to the wood below. Ruby stopped, catching sight of something in the distance. "Woaaahhhh..."

Up ahead, marching in a line, was a bunch of massive, elephant-like Grimm. The tops of their heads and bodies poking out from over the treeline, they kept marching, not minding the group.

"What is that? It looks awesome!" Ruby whispered.

Keeping his voice down just a little, Oobleck informed her. "That, my dear girl, is a Grimm called the 'Goliath'."

She just stared for a moment in awe.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:40 am
Crouching by the edge of the cliff, mostly out of caution due to the sudden, sheer drop into the forest below, Grey's eyes widened at the sight of the behemoth creatures. "They're... they're huge!" His expression was one of disbelief, having never encountered a purely biological life form of such magnitude. Turning towards the professor, the Reploid maintained the expression. "Shouldn't we be trying to lay low? There's... there's a lot of them there."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:48 am
"They are not concerned with us. Shots from a conventional weapon would do little more than agitate them."

"If they're so strong, why aren't they going to attack us?" Ruby asked.

"Not every Grimm is mindless; or, rather, not every Grimm remains mindless. You see, those Grimm before us are so powerful, so superior to the ones you've fought, that it's almost certain that they've lived for centuries. And in all that time, between killing humans, attacking our borders, they've done one important thing: They've learned. They've learned that when they attack our borders, they're likely to die. And what we humans lack in strength, we make up in will. And that killing one human will only bring more. It's a fight that won't end until they retreat, kill every last human, or most likely, they die."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 am
This took a moment for Grey to soak in. All his short life, he had only known enemies who were single-minded in their destruction or goals. His eyes drifted downward for a moment as he pondered, mulling over the statement the professor had made, before looking back out towards the herd of Goliaths. "..."

"...something on your mind, Grey?" Model A chimed in. "Its not like you to keep so quiet."

Starting a little from the voice of his Biometal, Grey nodded in response. "Yeah... not sure on just what yet. Maybe its just... getting used to a new world." When he noticed both Ruby and Oobleck looking at him whilst he seemingly conversed with himself, Grey winced. "Sorry, Model A was just talking to me." His head turned back towards the Grimm in the distance. "Your world sure is different from mine..."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 am
One of the Goliath had turned its head to look at the group, but made no effort to get closer. Before too long it turned its head back and resumed walking.

Professor Oobleck looked at the Grimm in the distance, then back to Grey. "You know, I'd be fascinated to hear more about your world. If it's alright, I'd like to ask you a few questions at camp. Not too many; we have to get enough rest for tomorrow."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 am
"I'm... not liking how that guy looked at us," Model A said, his tone just ever so slightly on edge. Thankfully to his relief, his Chosen One resumed his standing position and followed along with the other two. "Man, lemme know when you guys decide to throw down with one of those beasties, so I can prepare myself. For the pain. Those tusks looked real hurty..."

As Oobleck posed the question, Grey shrugged. "I don't mind, professor. I think Ashe would be better suited to answer the more broad questions, though. She's... well, she's been alive a lot longer than I have."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:20 am
"I see. It can wait until we've set up camp, then." The professor turned back the way they came, Ruby following him.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:34 am
Meanwhile, back at the camp site, Yang and Ashe were chatting away quite amiably. Sitting atop a pile of rubble, one leg crossed over the other, Ashe was doing a dramatic retelling of her fight with the Model F Mega Man, Atlas. "...and then, after she threw that second punch - it shattered the wall behind me, by the way - I dodged out of the way just in time and landed a shot right upside her head! Hah, her face was to die for! She was so smug that she'd never lose to "some kid who became a Mega Man by accident" that she completely underestimated me!" Taking a moment to bask in her pride, Ashe then turned to her conversation partner. "So what 'bout you? Any really awesome fights you've been in?"
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:23 pm
Yang leaned back against a crumbling wall, pulling one leg up. "Well, there was what happened during the practical exam for Beacon. Thrown into a forest with the others, had to fight Grimm all the way through before I ran into Blake and partnered up with her. This one guy, Jaune, ends up provoking this nasty cave-dwelling Death Stalker, and Ruby gets herself followed by a giant Nevermore, so all of us have to fight two massive Grimm at the same time, running back to the endpoint the whole time."

Weiss chimed in. "What about the food fight last week?"

"That got out of hand quickly..." Blake mumbled, turning a page.
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:08 pm
"A food fight?" Ashe commented, an excited look in her eyes. "Man, I haven't been in one of those since Lazarus started one five years ago. Sure doesn't feel like its been that long..." For a moment there, Ashe trailed off, a rather forlorn expression on her face. She quickly snapped back out of it, however, going back to her normal, peppy self. "Anyway, where'd Rubes and that tall nosey guy go off to? They've been out for a while."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:28 pm
"Just making sure there aren't any Grimm hiding out nearby, watching us." Yang answered. "...Professor Oobleck's probably asking her why she wanted to become a Huntress, too. I dunno if you noticed, but he's been at it all day with that."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:39 pm
Resting her arms on her knees, and her chin on them, Ashe looked out a busted up windowframe towards the road. "...yeah, I did notice that. I wonder what's up with him on that? Like, is he some kinda... I dunno, instructor back at your place?" she inquired, waving a hand around in a vague gesture. "Because then it might make sense. Otherwise... that's a little weird of him."
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:08 pm
Yang sheepishly stroked her own hair. "Er, see, the thing is..."

Blake cut right to the point. "We're still in training; shadowing the professor on this mission to get some experience in the field."

"We're doing most of the work, though." Weiss complained. "He's been standing back and watching."

"He's supposed to evaluate our abilities. Professor Oobleck is one of our teachers at Beacon, so your intuition's about right." Blake added.

Never one to stay down, Yang kept up the bravado. "Bet you didn't think we were just students, huh? Our skills are the real deal!"
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 pm
Ashe couldn't help but let out a small 'snrk' at the revelation, even if she couldn't deny their skills being quite up there. "Pffft. Well, at least his teaching paid off! Still though, hunting criminals while still in training?" The idea was, admittedly, pretty foreign to the Bounty Hunter. Sure, she learned from those that rescued her as a child, but Ashe was almost completely self-trained. The idea of being followed around on an actual mission was, at least to her, borderline ridiculous.

Outside, Grey saw their campsite location coming back into the view. "Ugh, I'm so tired of all this walking and talking," Model A complained in the meanwhile. "When are we gonna get some real action, yeah? These small fry haven't posed any challenge for us, and there hasn't even been one of those in the past two hours!"

"I'd... be careful what you wish for, Model A," Grey chastised, earning a discontent, incoherent grumble from his Biometal companion. Turning back to face the road, the Reploid pondered what kind of questions Oobleck might have for him, hoping that nothing he asked was too intensive on the details.
NebulaGregarZX
NebulaGregarZX
Admin

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:38 pm
As soon as Ruby entered, she ran over and sat in front of the fire, holding out her hands.

Oobleck stepped in, closely followed by Zwei. "Alright, girls, good work! I'll bring out the provisions and sleeping bags. We'll be getting an early start, so be sure to eat your dinners and get to bed. There's a lot of ground to cover. How will we handle sleeping arrangements? We only brought five sleeping bags with us."
QuantumPizza
QuantumPizza

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:52 pm
"Don't sweat it!" Ashe declared cheerfully. Popping a pair of small pouches out of her waist satchel, she tossed one to Grey, who fumbled trying to catch it. Groaning from annoyance as he bent down to retrieve it, the female Mega Man opened hers up with a flourish, pulling out a small inflatable pillow and a thin thermal blanket. "A smart Bounty Hunter is always prepared! Grey and I can handle ourselves, ain't that right?"

Struggling to get his pouch open, Grey gave a startled yelp as the pouch opened from being under pressure, catching him square in the face with both blanket and pillow. Falling backward and landing on his bottom with a 'thud,' he peeled the material away. "I'll leave the confidence on that to you, Ashe," he replied with a grumble. Soon after, Grey de-merged and got his place set up, keeping a respectable distance from the others in doing so.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum